Saturday, June 26, 2010

Music I Wish I had in 2009: Part 1

This is the first installment in my miniseries, Music I Wish I Had, where I describe albums that were released in previous years that I have unfortunately not realized existed until recently. For now I will try to focus on albums that are within 2009.

Miike Snow


The self titled debut by Miike Snow is pretty great. The lyrics may not be capturing, but every track in the album is pretty damn catchy. I happened to stumble upon the first track of the album a couple months ago, animal, which you may recognize in the new movie trailers for Cyrus. Anyways this is definitely some good music that I will use for studying.



Song for No One



Bibio- Ambivalence Avenue


I really don't know how to explain this album. It's just a beautiful mixture of hip-hop, electronic, and indie acoustic/electric guitar awesomeness. Most of the songs (if not all) it's hard to understand what he's saying, but I don't even give a damn because this album is that good. As one youtuber said regarding this album, "it's like, Ratatat, the Beatles, and Boards of Canada all had a baby."



Ambivalence Avenue


Lovers' Carvings


Jamie T- Kings & Queens


British indie feel good hip hop (disregarding that the lyrics aren't so cheery)...what could go wrong with that combo?



Chaka Demus



Hocus Pocus

Well that is all that I'll deal with out for this episode. Until next time, live in the now and take advantage of discovering new music!

No comments: