Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Arcade Fire- The Suburbs (review)


So this album leaked several days ago and I got it, legally of course. ;) Well anyways I was gonna do a full analysis of this, but since it took me a couple days to get to this I'm gonna half-ass it. Um some BBC article mentioned that this album is Arcade Fire's Ok Computer, but better. I hate when people use comparisons like these especially when it involves putting one above the other because who or what is better is all a matter of opinion [more so than rating an album based on it's quality itself]. I actually don't really know what the author is trying to say with that statement. Since I think The Bends is better, does he/she mean that The Suburbs is great but not as great as Funeral? I don't really know. I think it is obvious that you cannot match something as perfect as Funeral. However, after listening to this album for the past day or so, I can tell you that this album is very satisfying. My half-ass is kicking in; go by this album when it comes out on August 3rd.

The first song is the title track. You can here it from my previous post along with Month of May which is track 8. (Arcade Fire Singles- New Album in August)


2. Ready To Start


9. Suburban War


13. We Used To Wait

2 comments:

Mike said...

gonna be a bit of a grammar nazi here. the first track is the "title track"...self-titled means that the title of the song would be "Arcade Fire." Anywho...this album still needs to grow on me.

Joe Wierzbicki said...

Btw I just found out that you commented on this post. Shows how much I check this site lol.